Let’s be honest, it’s why you’re here
Prep time: 20 mins Bake time: 45mins Difficulty: easy
This might be my fav bake so far.
Rice flour MUST be mochi/sticky/short-grain/sweet/glutinous variety (it goes by many names). This can be bought in a big bag from any Asian supermarket for a couple of pounds, and you’ll be amazed how many of these shops are local to you once you look. Normal Western rice flour will not work with this!
Bacon CakeCourse: Uncategorized
- Dry ingredients
200g sticky rice flour (aka mochi flour, sweet rice flour or glutinous rice flour though there’s no gluten in it)
100g tapioca starch
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
50g pre-cooked crispy bacon
- Wet ingredients
3 large eggs
120ml milk (we used oat milk)
40g cooking oil
Two-pound (or 1kg) loaf tin lined with parchment
- Preheat oven to 180C (fan assisted ideally)
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, tapioca starch, sugar, baking powder and salt
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and cooking oil until well combined
- Make a well in the middle of the dry mixture and pour in the wet mixture. Stir well until combined into a thick batter
- Add bacon, and stir well until mixed in
- Pour batter into parchment-lined tin. Bake for approx 50mins on bottom shelf of oven until golden brown and a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean
- Be aware, gf bread does not rise as much as normal bread does. It will still be delicious!